The government have put us into tier 4, and the gym will be closed for at least 2 weeks at which point the Government will review the current tier system. Regrettably this has messed up everyone’s Christmas plans and put more strain on our wellbeing. Hang in there and keep strong everybody💪. We will update all members in due course with what to expect over the coming weeks. Thanks.
As announced yesterday, London will be entering Tier 3 from tomorrow, Wednesday 16th December and although we can remain open we are now not allowed to hold instructor-led group adult classes. So what does this mean?
All Stronger Kids classes will remain unchanged and continue as normal.
Anyone under 18 years of age will still be allowed to take part in instructor led group classes. We will make contact with all 14 to 17 years old to form a new kids class, if you would like your child to be enrolled then please do get in contact.
Tier 3 stipulates that instructor led group activity is not permitted indoors. In place of the current classes we will hold open gym sessions following the current timetable so you will still be able to book sessions via TeamUp following social distancing rules to come in and hit bags, do ground work, use our weight equipment, take on one of our HIIT circuits designed by our coaches.
Coaches will be on hand to provide technical advice and support to individuals, declared household bubbles (those that live together) and support bubbles (an individual who lives alone or a single parent who bubbles up with another household).
The timetable will be updated overnight.
We will continue to take payments as normal, except if you have already frozen your membership, so we can maintain the operational running of the gym. If you are experiencing difficulty or would like to freeze your membership whilst we are in Tier 3 then please do get in contact and we will action requests as soon as possible. Thank you.
HOW LONG WILL WE BE IN TIER 3 FOR?
The Government reviews the tier system every 2 weeks, so the next review will take place on Wednesday 30th December.
On behalf of our coaches and staff, thank you so much for your continued commitment and support to our gym during these difficult times. Let’s hope we can bring in the New Year on a high.
Our gym will reopen for business on Wednesday 2nd December and you can now book your classes via the TeamUp app, via our website timetable or using this link:https://goteamup.com/p/3511041-stronger-fitness-and-mart/
Timetable remains largely unchanged except for Striking for MMA now taking place on Thursday at 7am instead of Saturday and BJJ now having two morning classes on Monday and Wednesday at 7am.
All other Kids and adults class times remain unchanged.
As a reminder to all members:
- Please follow social distancing rules during, to and from the gym.
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Sanitiser stations are placed on entry, by the toilets and changing room
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 -10 mins before class and ready to train
- Mats will be disinfected between each class
- Everyone must pre-book classes otherwise no entry
- Track and trace QR code is available on entry
- Parents of kids are asked not to stay at the gym whilst classes are being conducted
Thank you for your understanding and see you on the mats soon.
The Stronger Team
With a heavy heart I am writing to confirm that we will be closed from tomorrow, Thursday 5th November until Wednesday 2nd December.
Over the next few days we will be uploading new Zoom classes to the TeamUp calendar that will keep you mentally and physically in shape until we re-open our doors. I do fully expect to re-open with a bang so watch this space!
We appreciate this is a tough time for everyone and have outlined 3 membership payment options:
1) Continue to support the gym and keep your membership running, you don’t need to do anything – Thank you!
2) We can apply a 50% discount on your next billing date
3) We can freeze your membership until we re-open
If you would like option 2 or 3, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Please note, if your payment is imminent or has recently gone out then we will apply the reduction to your next billing date.
Whilst we’re sorting out the zoom schedules for the next few weeks, why not re-visit these awesome BJJ, MMA and Body Workout videos that were filmed during lockdown #1on our YouTube Channel
Thanks again for your support,
Tom and the Stronger Team
This October 10th is World Mental Health Day and our wonderful Roxy has organised a fundraising event to raise money for Rethink Mental Health charity in memory of one our BJJ and MMA students Chloe Costa who sadly took her own life in December last year. The plan is to complete 23 laps (approximately 161 miles) around Richmond Park as a team relay on Saturday 10th October. We already have a team of 3 cyclists ready to take part but we’re still looking for more team members to join in! If you would like to take part whether it be cycling or even running if you don’t have a bike then please message Tom or Roxy so we have an idea of numbers wanting to participate.
Please also donate if you can, here’s the justgiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/strongerforchloe
Chloe is pictured on the right winning Double Silver at Grappling Industries BJJ tournament in 2019.
We are pleased to announce that Stronger Fitness and Martial Arts is now open for business!
You can now book classes via our new booking system with TeamUp by clicking this link: https://goteamup.com/p/3511041-stronger-fitness-and-mart/
Simply click the class you would like to attend, choose the membership or PAYG option you would like and then follow the instructions.
- BJJ Survival Skills with BJJ Black belt Oli Geddes
- Striking for MMA
- Wrestling for MMA
- Kung Fu
- Body Workout with Panda – circuit training HIIT style classes
- Kids BJJ, Wrestling and Kung Fu Classes
Future bookings can be made via our website www.strongerfitness.co.uk on the timetable page which is linked to TeamUp, via the link above or by downloading the TeamUp App available on GooglePlay and AppleStore.
Gym Rules and Class Structure Phase 1 – our aim is to put on heavy workout sessions focusing on the drills and techniques of your respected martial art and fitness classes:
- Classes will be capped at 16 people
- Classes will last 45 mins with a 15-minute interval before the next class commences – this will allow time for members to leave and arrive promptly for the next class with less footfall on the stairway.
- Members will be allowed in 5 mins before your scheduled class.
- Members will be expected to book classes via the TeamUp app or online
- Staff will spray disinfectant throughout the premises in between each class
- Sanitizer stations by reception, toilet and changing rooms
- Members are to maintain social distancing before, during and after the class
- Windows will be open for ventilation and airflow
- Temperature check on entry with a few health questions asked
- No visitors allowed unless pre-booked with a member of staff
- Parents will be able to drop off/pick up kids at the main entrance and a member of staff will be on hand
- Various classes will be live streamed if booked online
- Members will be asked to come in their gym kits ready for their sessions
- Changing rooms will have limited space for those that absolutely need it
If you have questions regarding membership then please email me on email@example.com
It’s been a long time! We hope you have all been well and healthy during these past weeks. We’ve managed to keep our head above water but it has not been easy and as we start to prepare to open our doors we will need your support more than ever.
To update you on our status, it looks like indoor gym facilities will be opening sometime in July and while the exact date(s) for reopening is still to be announced by the Government, we want to be ready and prepared to welcome you back. To facilitate this, we will be opening in two phases;
Phase 1 – COVID SAFE CLASSES and Phase 2 – RETURN TO FULL CONTACT TRAINING. It is important that we commence following government guidelines to give our members the confidence that we are taking social distancing measures seriously, so here is the plan:
- Reactivation of frozen Direct Debits from when the gym formally re-opens.
- Waiving default fees for any member (or a member with a partner) who has experienced a job loss or salary cut as a direct result of COVID-19.
- Ensuring our premises is COVID-SAFE ready by following Government and industry guidelines to ensure we have the set up ready to ensure a safe return for our members i.e. maintaining 2 metres between each member, temperature checks, sanitise hands on way in and way out, sanitise mats between each class.
- Pre-booking system for all classes (this will be clarified at a later date)
- During this phase all classes will be 45 mins long with a maximum capacity of 16 people to allow time and space for entry and departure before the next class begins and to sanitise our mats.
- We will make you train hard in preparation for a return to full contact training and competition – our promise 🙂
- No visitors will be allowed entry unless pre-authorised.
- Classes will continue to be live streamed for those unable to attend during social distancing measures.
- This part is easy – we will return to full contact training when it is safe to do so. Bring it on.
We will also have new improvements to the gym when you return:
- 5 new hanging punch bags (16 bags in total)
- A new booking app and software
- Health and safety signage
- Hand towel dispenser in toilet
- New video door entry system for extra security
We will release further information on when we will re-open, format of the classes, timetables, membership queries, booking procedures in the coming weeks, until then keep safe, keep active and continue watching our videos online https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCamNJNWwPxvi9l_FlxRTeNA
All the best,
Tom and the Stronger Team
Following the government directive to close all gyms to help stop the spread of COVID-19, Stronger Fitness and Martial Arts has now closed its doors until further notice. As a consequence, we have decided to move online and provide a weekly catalogue of videos and live classes for our members to enjoy during this period of social distancing. Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel to access all our videos by clicking on this link: STRONGER YOUTUBE
What will happen to your membership?
Along with our Direct Debit provider we have decided to freeze all membership payments for all our members with immediate effect, you do not need to do anything and membership payments will only be taken again when the gym re-opens.
How can you continue to help?
We will now provide a free online service, however a number of you have offered to continue making payments during this difficult time to cover our operational costs and in order to ensure you have a gym to come back to once all this is over. If you can afford to do, then please sign up to one of the following memberships using the Go Cardless payment system, this will be cancelled once our Gym re-opens for business
Online Monthly membership £45 – https://pay.gocardless.com/AL000307CP04W8
Kids Online membership £15 – https://pay.gocardless.com/AL000307CT5V88
For customers already on a Go Cardless direct debit, I’m happy to either freeze your payments or amend the amount to one of the above, please get in contact with me to let me know.
This online membership will last for the duration of the Coronavirus social distancing measures. Once the government has advised that we can open our doors again, your original membership will be reinstated and your Online Membership will be cancelled.
In addition to online videos, we will be hosting live classes accessible via our whatsapp groups, if you are not on these groups and wish to be notified then please contact myself on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support and patience during this difficult time.
STRONGER FITNESS AND MARTIAL ARTS
GYM CLOSURE – COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT
Considering yesterdays’ government advice on how best to tackle the rise of Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have taken the decision to close the gym as of today, Tuesday 17th March until at least the end of the month. We will be reviewing the situation then on as per government guidelines.
We strongly believe that following yesterday’s measures of minimizing social contact in order to slow the spread of the virus will alleviate pressures on the NHS and ultimately save lives. We feel this is the right thing to do at this time and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your ongoing support during this crisis.
We will continue to monitor the situation and we will continue to update you on the government led actions we take in order to ensure all our mental and physical health is maintained. Your safety, that of your families and our community is the utmost priority.
It is our intention to continue to educate for both our adult and child members via our social media channel by uploading instructional videos in BJJ, MMA, Kung Fu and Yoga throughout our closure so do watch this space.
If you haven’t already, please like/follow the following pages and wait for updates in the coming weeks:
Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact myself or Rico.
Stay strong, stay safe, stay healthy. Much love!
Stronger Fitness and Martial Arts
Coronavirus Guidance & Advice – Stronger Fitness and Martial Arts
In line with government guidelines, Stronger would like to advise all members, kids and adults, to take the following actions in order to keep everyone safe.
These are safety measures and at present there is no immediate plans to cancel classes or close the gym however this is being closely monitored and can change at any moment.
First off- anyone with flu like-symptoms must avoid risk of spreading their infection by staying at home for 7 days and fully recovering. If you feel you have any symptoms then please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Wash your hands and use hand sanitiser before entering the gym and after the session. We have a sanitiser at reception.
We are increasing the frequency of our cleaning to sanitise all equipment and mat space, especially high use areas such as doors, equipment, mats etc.
Keep fit, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and always be conscious of your hygiene. Others depend on it, we can’t stress that enough.
We will continue to monitor the situation very closely and update you on any changes. We really appreciate your support and together we will get through this.
Tom and the Stronger Team
Stronger Fitness & Martial Arts
17 Lyon Rd, 2nd Floor,
South Wimbledon, SW19 2RL
07487 667 124
Mon – Fri: 4pm – 10pm
Sat: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Sun: 10am – 1pm
(Closed Bank Holidays)
We’re VAT Registered 334 2046 36
Stronger Fitness and Martial Arts Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09219450